The nomination process has been simplified this year. Nominators need only to write a brief summary of the nomination (100 words maximum) along with a full nomination (1200 words maximum for individual awards and 1500 words maximum for industry awards) — there are no more individual criteria to address per nomination.
Some changes have also been made to the awards categories, which are as follows:
2021 SSSI Individual Award categories
- Professional of the Year Award^
- Future Leader of the Year Award^ (replaces Young Professional of the Year Award)
- Diversity & Inclusion Award (replaces Women’s Leadership Award)
- Educational Development Award
- Postgraduate Student Award
- Undergraduate Student Award
- Vocational Education Training (VET) Student Award
2021 SIBA|GITA Industry Award categories
- Community Impact Award*
- Award for Environment and Sustainability
- Award for Innovation**
- Small Business
- Medium to Large Business
- International Partnership Award*
- Award for Spatial Enablement
- Award for Technical Excellence
- Workforce Development & Inclusion Award*
Nominations close on Monday, August 2, 2021, and can be made online. It is recommended that nominators read the 2021 APSEA Nomination Kit before starting. APSEA Coordinator Katie Le Miere (firstname.lastname@example.org) can be contacted with any queries.
You can read all about the 2020 award recipients in our earlier article.
^ Open to current members of SSSI, SIBA|GITA or S+SNZ only.
* Replaces the People & Community Award. ** This award category has been split into two organisation sizes.
Stay up to date by getting stories like this delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive our free weekly Spatial Source newsletter.